New Horizon Camper Van Hire Terms & Conditions of Hire
We are New Horizon Camper Van Hire operating under the private limited company “M&K New Horizons Ltd” with our registered office being at Darland House, 44 Winnington St., Northwich CW8 1AU.
The following are the terms and conditions of hire between the Hirer and M&K New Horizons Limited trading as New Horizon Camper Van Hire (“The Company”). The terms and conditions of hire and the payment of a deposit or hire charge in full combines to form the hire agreement.
The hirer agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions upon confirmation of receipt of payment of the non–refundable deposit confirming that your camper van is booked.
It is the hirer’s responsibility to read the terms and conditions and by making a payment and confirming a booking you are confirming that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of hire.
Bookings are provided on a first come first served basis and availability is dependent on deposits received and confirmed by the company. Hire is confirmed by the issue of a booking receipt. The campervan remains the property of the company at all times.
HIRER/DRIVER PERSONAL DETAILS
To hire one of our vehicles all drivers must be aged between 25 and 70 years old and have held a driving licence for at least three years. Licence endorsements/offences are to be advised for approval by our insurance company. Additional drivers can be added on for a daily charge of £10. On the day of hire you will need to bring your driving licence. UK driving license holders must provide validation of their driving record each time they hire a vehicle from us and will need to use the DVLA online service “Share Driving License” to view and create a one-time passcode. The passcode must be presented to us and still be valid when picking up your camper van from us.
If visiting from outside of the UK you must also have held a driving license for at least three years. The licenses issued overseas must be clearly identifiable as a driving license otherwise you should obtain an international driving license. In addition to your driving license we will need your passport, proof of your address, your airline tickets and proof of entry/exit into/out of the UK if applicable.
WHO CANNOT DRIVE A CAMPER VAN
If you have not been explicitly mentioned or identified on the rental agreement as a driver or if you cannot provide the required documentation as described in these terms and conditions you must not drive the vehicle.
An unauthorised driver will not be covered on our insurance. Allowing an unauthorised person to drive one of our camper vans will mean that you are in breach of contract. Any consequences arising from these actions are your sole responsibility. This includes compensating us for any damaged caused by you or the unauthorised driver.
WHERE CAN I DRIVE A CAMPER VAN
You must not take the Camper Van outside of mainland UK without obtaining our prior written consent. Written consent will be in the form of a VE103B document. You are responsible for ensuring the vehicle is carrying all the correct equipment to comply with local driving regulations.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS TOWARD THE CAMPER VAN
When renting a Camper Van from us both you and/or any Driver or Referred Driver (each of whom, for the purposes of this section, will be included in the term ‘you’) must comply with the following obligations:
Subject to any fair wear and tear to the Camper Van and supplied equipment, you will return it to us in the same condition it was in at the start of the Hire Period
Never drive the Camper Van outside the Territory without our prior written consent. Moreover, if we do consent then, it is for you to ascertain that the Camper Van has the correct equipment to comply with the local driving regulations of the country that you will be driving in or passing through.
You must drive the Camper Van in accordance with all applicable road traffic laws and regulations and ensure that you are familiar with all relevant local laws and driving regulations.
Ensure that any luggage transported in the Camper Van is secured to the extent that it will not cause damage to the Camper Van or cause risk to any passengers or to any third party or to any third-party property.
Treat the Camper Van with due care and respect and make sure that it is always locked and protected by its anti-theft devices when it is parked or left unattended.
Never drive the Camper Van whilst you are under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics, barbiturates, other illegal drugs or any other substance (whether legal or illegal) that is liable to impair your driving ability.
Do not fit any roof or bike rack or any tow bar nor allow anyone else to do so. If these are already fitted you must not (nor allow anyone to) modify them. You must not fit winter tyres (nor allow anyone to do so) or make any other modifications to the Camper Van.
Do not smoke in the Camper Van or Awning when on site nor allow anybody else to do so. If we reasonably think that smoking has happened you must pay our cleaning fees.
You must refill the Camper Van with the correct type of fuel. If unsuitable fuel is added then you will be responsible for all reasonable expenses incurred by us in the repair of any damage that may be caused.
It is your responsibility during the hire period to make routine inspections in respect of the Camper Van condition: for example, oil and water and coolant levels, front and rear windscreen washer fluid and tyre pressures and take any preventive actions necessary to keep the Vehicle in good working order.
Do not use the Camper Van nor allow the Camper Van to be used:
1) for rehire; neither can you mortgage, pawn, sell or in any way pledge or attempt to or give anyone any legal rights over the Vehicle or any part of it or any of its accessories;
2) to carry passengers for hire or reward;
3) to carry more passengers than is recommended by the Camper Van manufacturer;
4) to carry flammable and/or dangerous merchandise; toxic, harmful and/or radioactive products or those that infringe applicable local laws and regulations, or to transport merchandise with a weight, quantity and/or volume in excess of what is recommended by the Camper Van’s manufacturer;
5) for racing, off-roading, reliability trials, speed testing or to take part in rallies, contests, or trials, wherever they are located, official or not;
6) to transport live animals (with the exception of Assistance Dogs, subject to our prior written consent.
7) to give driving lessons;
8) to push or tow another vehicle or trailer (except where the Vehicle you are renting is already fitted with a tow-hook when the maximum load will be 1,000 kilo);
9) on gravel roads or roads that are unfit for motor vehicles or where the surface or condition of it involves risks for the tyres or for the underside of the Camper Van or for the Camper Van itself, such as beaches, forest paths, mountains, etc.;
10) to intentionally commit an offence.
You must return the Camper Van and its keys and any accessories in the condition that we provided it to you at the start of the Hire Period and by the expiry time and date specified in the Rental Agreement. We allow you a grace period of 29 minutes after the expiry time and date and if you don’t return the Vehicle within this period then we will charge you:
1) the daily charge for each day (or part day) that you keep the Camper Van beyond the expiry time and date specified in the Rental Agreement plus an unauthorised extension fee and
2) for repair costs (if any) up to the value of the damage excess amount that you agreed at the start of the Hire Period provided always that you have not done something or failed to do something which compromises or invalidates the insurance and protection provisions.
If you fail to fulfil any or all of these obligations then, it may cause the insurance to be compromised and/or invalidated and you will be responsible for and will pay to us all reasonable costs of any detrimental consequences, loss and/or damage that may arise as a result. In addition, we reserve the right to demand immediate return of the Camper Van if the contracted insurance coverage and complementary services are compromised and/or invalidated.
FINES AND PENALTIES
You are responsible for and will pay all costs arising from:
- any congestion or parking charges (or failure to pay them);
- a breach of any parking restrictions or a road traffic offence or any other offence or infringement involving the Camper Van such as (but not limited to) lane infringement, tunnel, turning and bus lane charges including the costs from it being clamped, seized or towed away and any other charges/costs (or failure to pay them) levied by a relevant organisation or issuing authority.
You are and will remain primarily liable for such charges and you consent to us notifying such organisations of your personal details to effect a transfer of liability.
DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE
Unless any of the following charges are covered by our insurance then you will be responsible for the following charges:
The cost of repairing any damage caused;
- To the Camper Van or other accessories plus a damage administration fee.
- Which you cause to another party, their property, the vehicle they are in and all uninsured losses’ before the Camper Van is checked back in by us.
- Damages for loss of use of the Camper Van however caused and whether or not you are responsible for such loss unless the loss is due to our fault or negligence or our breach of this Contract.
- The replacement cost of any accessories which have been lost, stolen or are uneconomical to repair plus a damage administration fee (whether or not you are responsible for the loss unless the loss is due to our fault or negligence or our breach of this Contract or such loss occurred after the Camper Van is checked back in by us).
- If, during the Hire Period, the Camper Van is seized by any Government, authority or organisation whether in or outside the UK and whether or not you are at fault, you must pay for:
- any damage caused to the Camper Van and/or accessories, any penalties, fines, restoration/ repatriation charges or any other charges or fees; and
- any loss of use of the Camper Van while we cannot rent it out to another customer (which will be calculated on the basis of the Rental Charge for each day (or part of a day) in excess of the Hire Period and until the Camper Van is checked in by us as returned), unless such damage and/or loss is due to our fault or negligence or our breach of this Contract.
Any damage caused to the Camper Van and equipment whilst you have it in your care will be evaluated by us (acting reasonably) and charged accordingly.
Light Damage is viewed as minor, insubstantial damage that does not render the Camper Van or equipment unusable or illegal and therefore does not require immediate repair before it can be rented to another customer. Examples of light damage include (but are not limited to):
scratches to the external paintwork or on bumpers;
light damage to the windscreen,
damage to tyres, wheel rims and trims or to wing mirrors
We will charge you for Light Damage according to our damage price guide.
Serious Damage or other damage that is not viewed as Light Damage because it renders the Camper Van unusable or illegal and requires immediate repair before it can be rented to another customer will not be included in the Damage Price guide. Serious or other non-Light Damage will be evaluated by an independent expert and charged according to the expert’s report or to a cost estimate provided by an independent motor repairer.
CAMPER VAN MAINTENANCE
Throughout the Hire Period we will expect you to look after our Camper Van, the keys and any accessories against loss or damage (however that arises). If you fail to do so then you will be responsible for all damage and loss and any applicable charges and administration fees that may arise as a result.
Save for customary inspections such as oil and water levels; coolant; windscreen washer fluid levels and tyre pressures that should be regularly checked during normal use of the Camper Van to keep it in good working order neither you nor anyone else is allowed to work on it
or make any modifications to it.
The Camper Van is provided to you with tyres in a condition and number that meets with the traffic-legislation requirements of the UK. In the event of damage to any one of the tyres (other than by ordinary wear and tear or latent defect) whilst we will immediately arrange to replace it you are responsible for the cost of the tyre (which will be of the same size, type and brand) together with any associated reasonable fees.
You will be responsible for and pay for any cost consequences arising out of any breach of these obligations by you or any other Named Driver.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
Bookings can only be secured when the company has received a booking deposit of £150.00 and personal details from the person wishing to hire the vehicle, including details about your hire requirements have been received and confirmed.
Once the booking is secured the company will send the hirer confirmation of the booking – a receipt of the booking deposit with the final balance figure and information regarding future contact by the company. The final balance must be paid 6 weeks prior to the start of hire, otherwise the booking will no longer be secure and the booking deposit will not be refunded. You will be reminded when your balance is due for payment via email.
Late bookings are at the discretion of the company and if made within 6 weeks of hire, the balance shall be required in full. All payments made to or by the company shall be in pounds sterling.
We require a £500 security deposit payable on collection of van. This can be by bank transfer, cheque or cash. This deposit will be refunded up to 7 days after camper van is returned.
All cancellations must be in writing. The £150.00 deposit paid at the time of booking is not refundable. If 4 weeks-notice is given 50% of the total hire will be charged. If 2 weeks-notice is given the full amount will be charged.
CAMPER VAN AVAILABILITY
Every effort is made to ensure that the campervan reserved is available. If due to circumstances beyond the company`s control the reserved campervan is not available, the company reserve the right to offer a suitable alternative. By choosing not to take an alternative the hirer is effectively cancelling the hire and in this case the usual cancellations procedure will apply.
If an alternative is not available the liability of the company will be limited to the refund of any monies paid by the hirer and the hirer will have no further claim of any kind against the company.
Camper Van availability can be affected by a number of factors including mechanical breakdown, weather being too extreme to safely drive the vehicle or due to damage caused by road traffic accident.
Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Company will not disclose such information to any unauthorised person or body but where appropriate will use such information in carrying out its various functions and services. The Company may also use this data in connection with the prevention of fraud or other crime and pass details to the police and our insurance company were deemed right and necessary. The details provided by the Hirer will be held by the Company who is bound by the terms of the data protection act 1998.
Any queries relating to the terms and conditions of hire should be directed to:
New Horizon Camper Van Hire
Telephone: 0161 980 7743
Mobile: 07788 301514 or 07746 215289
Email : tbd